The Recreation North Training Program is based on thirteen competencies essential for leading community recreation. If you live in Yukon, NWT or Nunavut and work (or would like to work or volunteer) in recreation, this Program is for you. As of September 2021, space in the training is available to those from rural or remote communities in the provinces.
- Register for one or several learning events.
- Earn a Certificate in Northern Recreation Leadership and/or a Certificate in Northern Recreation Management upon completing a series of learning events. (We recommend completing the leadership certificate first.)
- Obtain Professional Development Certification with the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association through our pathway beginning in 2022. (The management certificate is a prerequisite for this certification.)
Register here. Get a discount when you register for a certificate. Single learning events cost:
- $55/event for RPA Members and $75/event for NON-RPA Members/Provincial Registrants for learning events which are 2-weeks long.
- $100/event for RPA Members and $115/event for NON-RPA Members/Provincial Registrants for learning events which are 4-weeks long (RM103, BF102, RP102).
Learning events are scheduled on a one-year cycle from September to May. Custom delivery is available upon request.
Check out our interactive map to see where learners have participated from.
Thank you to the Arctic Inspiration Prize for funding the Program development.